Meeting Notes 11 May 15

Meeting Notes 11 May 15

WPI May 11, 2015 Minutes

  1. Convene
    1. Open @ 7:01pm
    2. The Center: 800 N Market, Wichita KS
    3. Steering Committee Meeting
  2. Attendance
    1. In Attendance: Chuck S, Pat M, Dewayne H, CJ T, LeAndra D, Jim M, Sherry O, James A, Rollin D, Evan S, William H, Brendan
    2. Excused: Martin W, Karen H, Lee J
    3. Unknown
  3. Open Session
    1. Guests
    2. Non-Agenda Issues
  4. Previous Minutes
    1. Bitchy Bingo money amounts need dollar signs
    2. Sherry O needs to be listed as excused
    3. Balance Report A needs to have dollar signs
    4. June Wedding needs dollar signs
    5. June Wedding F needs to read Curtis Isley and Ben Breese willing to make wedding cake

Motion to approve Previous Minutes as corrected made by Evan second by Pat

  1. Old Business
    1. June Wedding
      1. Travis Hooper will be making the wedding cake
      2. Boomerang is willing to host the reception
        1. Will need to divide the officer team in order to set up the reception and be at the wedding
  • Have the permit for Linwood Park for 65 dollars from 3 to 6, must make sure that at the end we go through and clean up all trash.
  1. Need to make sure we distribute to Rain, Js Lounge, Boomerang, FMCC, and any other major places we need to hang posters
    1. Need to call Citi Blue to see what the price is for posters
  2. Will talk to The Chocolate Fountain about décor and tables for Pride
  3. Have talked to Jackie, she is talking to the other pastors about the wedding, also in communication with Sargent O’Brien about security.
  • Will be talking to Nolin about using the sound system for the wedding. Does it have outputs for music?
  1. Pride Pageant (tabled until the next meeting)
    1. Location
  2. Balance Report
    1. 2,181 dollars in the bank
      1. Insurance is paid for, however we do not have the binder as of yet
        1. Gives us year round liability, stage, liquor, etc. paid on quarterly installments
        2. Need to check with T-Mobile or Cargill to see when the money is coming
      2. Reports
        1. President
          1. Need to get together with Pat to do the City Paperwork
        2. Vice President
          1. Trash and Port-A-Potties are in the works, should be sending us a contract
          2. Need to get the contacts for the radios
  • Will be walking thru the MAAIC to do site maps
  1. Treasurer
    1. Insurance is paid for
    2. Can move forward with the city paperwork in time to make sure that everything prints
      1. Need to turn it in the first week after River Fest that way we can get the liquor license in plenty of time.
      2. Have the liquor from last year, will need to gauge prices once we know if the Kansas Liquor Tax will go up.
  • Talked to Russell about the sound system
    1. Assured they will be in town to run the sound system
    2. Proposal for 600 dollars to run the sound system
    3. Need to make sure that we have a professional DJ this time around
    4. Need to check to see if they need Russell to run a sound system
  1. On the agenda for the next meeting to discuss buttons and t-shirts
  1. Entertainment
    1. Nothing new to report
  2. Site Manager
    1. Have OJ Watson Park for the Family Picnic from 11am to 3pm
    2. May have a second full page ad sold for the Pride Guide
  3. Communications
    1. Nothing new to report
  4. Webmaster
    1. Nothing new to report
  5. New Business
    1. Elections for Communications Director
      1. LeAndra
      2. Evan
    2. Vice President needs to be at the meetings
      1. Discussion needs to be had
    3. Next meeting falls on Memorial Day

Motion to hold a meeting next week may 18th made by CJ second by Rollin passes

Motion to suspend article 3 section 3 sub section 2 for another 30 days at which point the vacancy must be filled made by Pat second by CJ passes

  1. Announcements
    1. Slide the City is July 4th
    2. May 28th is the Bitchy Bingo for Chuck
    3. Johns Baby Shower is May 23rd
  2. Close @ 9:09pm
By | 2016-10-19T03:09:37+00:00 July 15th, 2015|Meeting Minutes|0 Comments