WPI 16 June 2014

  1. Convene
    1. Open @ 7:10 pm
    2. The Center: 800 N Market, Wichita KS
    3. Steering Committee Meeting
  2. Attendance
    1. In Attendance: Chuck S, Patrick M, Martin W, Rollin D, Chelle B, Lee J, Karen H, Jim M, Evan S
    2. Excused: Renee P, Junior S
    3. Unknown
  3. Open Session
    1. Guests: Chris T
    2. Non- Agenda Issues
  4. Previous Minutes
    1. Under Guest Martin D needs to be changed to Martin W

Motion to approve previous minutes as corrected made by Chelle second by Lee Passes

  1. Old Business
    1. T-Shirts
      1. Wigstock T-Shirts
        1. Going thru Custom Ink, suggested by Tammy, going with white shirts, quoted 24 at 191.28
        2. Sending art work over to US Logo to get an estimate from them
      2. Pride T-Shirts, do not have an estimate due to server issues
    2. Sound System
      1. Talked to Russell, estimate may be less than 200 but not sure at this time
        1. Will Russell do the sound for Wigstock
      2. Our Coffee House has a sound system that we can use, working on getting that in writing
        1. Ask if they would be willing to get a Block Party license to block off the streets
  • Contact DJ John to see if he will DJ at Pride

Motion to Pay Dj Chuck 75 dollars for Saturday and Sunday at Pride Fest made by Chelle no second motion fails

  1. Balance Report
    1. 3,793.21 in the bank
      1. Pulled up PayPal, found a Silver Sponsorship paid by Jerry Chambliss but we have no idea who it is from
      2. Still do not have the money from Cargill
  • Nothing From AARP
  1. Storage and Liberty Press are paid
  1. Reports
    1. President
      1. Health Coalition
        1. Talked to the Health Coalition, need an actual invoice from the Indian Center, will be talking to April about sending an Invoice to my personal email to send back to them
      2. Vice President
        1. Waiting on a response from US Logo about T-Shirts
        2. Looking at getting tarps and tools for dressing rooms and setting up the stage
  • Talked to Chuck, putting in Pride Guide that we will have a volunteer to band people for drinking, also include no outside food and beverage can be brought to the festival
  1. Treasurer
    1. Nothing From AARP
    2. Russell and Pink want to be in charge of the bar
  • Received an email from Stephanie Mott, inquiring about an AD in Trans Conference in return for them having a booth at Pride.

Motion made that in return for an AD in the Trans Kansas Conference Brochure; KSTEP receives a booth at Pride Made by Pat second By Lee passes

  1. Entertainment
    1. Have a tentative line up for Saturday Night, looking at a Blues group to play before Women Without Pursues
    2. Working on times for Sunday
  • Have not heard from Balloon Guy or our Face Painter
  1. Communications
    1. Nothing to Report
  2. Site Manager
    1. Granite City will be June 23rd and 24th on the west side, Renee and Elle will be helping on Monday, need help on Tuesday, Facebook page is done.
  3. Webmaster
    1. Website and email are still down, moving servers so that we can get everything back up
    2. Copied everything over to a new server
  • Will be getting updates on passwords and website information
  1. Should have everything back up in the next couple of days
  2. Need to make sure that we get a notification from the website that someone paid for something
  3. Email addresses will still stay the same

 

  1. New Business
    1. Weekly meetings
      1. Starting June 30th
    2. Contact Thomas Witt about Bylaw Revisions

Motion to meet on June 30th and continue weekly meetings until further notice Made by Lee second by Pat Passes

  1. Announcements
    1. Coming weekend is Kansas City Pride
    2. Week From Saturday is Pride in Salina June 28th
  2. Close @ 8:53pm